Goldeneye Reloaded
Goldeneye Reloaded
Goldeneye Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goldeneye for psp,pc,and ds (hopefully)

HomeCoding Progs.dat Chat10Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coding Progs.dat

Go down 
+2
lazy sammich
Shallows
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shallows
Dev
Dev
Shallows

Agent points : 5436

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:24 pm

Ninja Monkey has given me the files for kuroks progs.dat and I am going to start coding right away if it works, do we only need new guns coded in. Also how many so once I work it out I can uses ctr c ftw.

Peace,
Shallows
Back to top Go down
Shallows
Dev
Dev
Shallows

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:47 pm

Well, turns out that the progs.dat is for Kurok 0.2.. I'm going to test 0.2 now and see what it had compared to 0.4if not Ill see if ninja can get me a hold of 0.4s progs.dat.

Peace,
Shallows
Back to top Go down
Shallows
Dev
Dev
Shallows

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:49 pm

Actually It now says that is is kuroks 0.3 progs.dat, which is even better xD.

Peace,
Shallows
Back to top Go down
Shallows
Dev
Dev
Shallows

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 10:02 pm

Also, I can do the gfx for us.
I can use photoshop ftw.

Do you guys mind if Joker and Lazy finish of models, if thats all good ill try code and Ill do the gfx.

Peace,
Shallows
Back to top Go down
Shallows
Dev
Dev
Shallows

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:37 am

Hmm what the deuce,

Uhh I can someone tell me how the weapons are placed on ground while making maps. If it is just the g_nail etc file that you place can you guys make a ground version of an extra gun (that is not overwriting an already place holder) lets say g_mag and v_mag.
So we need a low poly floor model or my magnum done (i'm a bit busy at the moment) and then get jukki to add it into a map and when it is picked up it will only work if it is in the code (which I can code in)

I NEED THIS DONE ASAP, IF NOT I CAN NOT TEST TO SEE IF MY ADDING GUNS WORKS,

ASAP BITCHES.

Peace,
Shallows
Back to top Go down
lazy sammich
Dev
Dev
lazy sammich

Agent points : 5694

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:18 am

im cool with finishing off wepon models but players are another thing :/
but i can also do graphics which is my speacialty Coding Progs.dat Icon_biggrin

so lemme get this right, you wanna 2d ground model of your magnum?
Back to top Go down
ThaJoKer
Dev
Dev

Agent points : 5568

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:29 am

Im cool with finishing the models too, I will finish up my Ak here shortly, and will begin to make low poly ground models of the guns...
Back to top Go down
Mobster
Dev
Dev

Agent points : 5501

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: reply   Coding Progs.dat EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:48 pm

no the ground models arent 2d lol. theyre still 3d but very very low detail. also i need those qc files shallows
Back to top Go down
http://www.pspexploitz.com
lazy sammich
Dev
Dev
lazy sammich

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Mobster wrote:
no the ground models arent 2d lol. theyre still 3d but very very low detail. also i need those qc files shallows

ohhh, i just figure that were only gunna see them on one side for like a split second before its picked upi, why make it an more complex than is should be?
Back to top Go down
Mobster
Dev
Dev

Agent points : 5501

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: reply   Coding Progs.dat EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:31 pm

well if you want you can... but every other game still uses 3d models
Back to top Go down
http://www.pspexploitz.com
Shallows
Dev
Dev
Shallows

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:41 pm

Do just boxyish flat 3d models. thats how the other groups do it im sure.

So was i right about how people put guns down in game.

If so can someone once the ground model of magnum is done put the magnum into a map and then tell me what you called the ground models (hopefully you use g_mag) and then Joker can you get my mag all done and working in game, and when that is done send me the map and the gun files g_mag and v_mag and I will code up the engine and see if the new gun does what It should.

I'm guessing you need the kurok files for Quake.

Also I Havent done any coding yet because I don't know if it is the 0.3 or 0.2 progs.dat (the compiled one worked in 0.3 so i think it is 0.3)

Peace,
Shallows
Back to top Go down
Shallows
Dev
Dev
Shallows

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 2:26 am

Hmm turns out that it was not kuroks progs.dat.. It was quakes.. bummer.. Though it still worked into kurok. How is this so I'm confused hmmm i overwrited the progs.dat inside a pak for the old kurok. Im guessing that that progs.dat is just a file neccesary to be run but does not contain anything.. Grrr back to the starting point. Oh well guess Ill do the gfx, This Sucks oh well thanks for telling me ninja. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, The only thing needed to be coded for is new weapons, we might end up having to use original quake boys, but this means that we will need a better coder (seriously I've been learning for a few weeks).

Peace,
Shallows

Cause seriously I could not even get a fliping model to show in the right place (like i put the one that worked in kurok in quake and it came up invisible).

I do have CSPortables source though (and thats easy to mod problem is It needs to be cleaned up in a few areas to compile)
Back to top Go down
lazy sammich
Dev
Dev
lazy sammich

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:27 pm

yh, i dont think kurok is a very optimal engine... all the other teams have moved away from it :/
Back to top Go down
Shallows
Dev
Dev
Shallows

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 4:44 pm

Actually Kuroks is a very fine engine but the coding is a little messy. If his progs.dat was released im pretty sure that all of the starting kurok/quake mods would use it. It has the skyboxes and all of the reloading shit sorted out (all of the hardcore coding). If we sed quake we would need a way better coder to do reloading etc than me.

Peace,
Shallows
Back to top Go down
lazy sammich
Dev
Dev
lazy sammich

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 4:47 pm

Shallows wrote:
Actually Kuroks is a very fine engine but the coding is a little messy. If his progs.dat was released im pretty sure that all of the starting kurok/quake mods would use it. It has the skyboxes and all of the reloading shit sorted out (all of the hardcore coding). If we sed quake we would need a way better coder to do reloading etc than me.

Peace,
Shallows

ohhh
Back to top Go down
Jukki
Admin
Admin
Jukki

Agent points : 5648

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:28 pm

We can ask mdave personaly(email) for it right?
Back to top Go down
Ninjamonkey
Admin
Admin

Agent points : 5601

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:33 pm

I tried that in September. Hasnt gotten back to me, and I am pretty sure he doesnt plan on getting back to me. Hes busy developing things for the pandora and other team projects of his own.

Edit: Shallows, coding in quake qc works with kurok. I wil send you a link to a good modding tutorial site with weapon mods I saw that could be good to be added.
quakeC tutorials
There ya go man
Back to top Go down
Shallows
Dev
Dev
Shallows

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 12:41 am

yes but we need all of kuroks existing progs.dat (qc files) and then mod that, that way we are modding kurok. I can't just edit the original quake source code and put that in kurok (it wouldn't work) because we need all of MDaves modded qc and new qc files.

Maybe we could wait around for the solitude engine. I'm fairly sure they will release it. I'm personally looking for someone to help me clean up and fix all of CSPortable 8-B2s source so that mean and this "coder" can make an openworldish game. This would be done well using CSPortables engine because it has pleanty of guns and u can buy stuff.

Peace,
Shallows
Back to top Go down
lazy sammich
Dev
Dev
lazy sammich

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:26 am

using csportable engine is a good idea imo, especially if it means their engine gets cleaned up (hopefully they can then get straight to actually making the game instead of fixing bugs with every update Smile)
Back to top Go down
Jukki
Admin
Admin
Jukki

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Do what you do i only map
Back to top Go down
lazy sammich
Dev
Dev
lazy sammich

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Jukki wrote:
Do what you do i only map
tbh, i only model, i havent got a clue about coding and progs n stuff lol
Back to top Go down
ThaJoKer
Dev
Dev

Agent points : 5568

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 5:12 pm

this is REALLY off topic, but since shallows mentioned cs portable, it brought up old ideas, like cleaning up the maps and bugs and make a counter strike game for the psp that actually can run online and play like regular cs 1.6.... Thats kinda always been my dream, but awell....
Back to top Go down
Shallows
Dev
Dev
Shallows

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:20 pm

ThaJoker once I find someone to help me clean up its code I will get you to come help me do what I want to do. It is nothing CSPortable Related but it uses the engine with the flashlights etc.

Also Yeah, looks like we might be needing to use quake boys. Start Advertising for a coder Admins.

Peace,
Shallows
Back to top Go down
Jukki
Admin
Admin
Jukki

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Guys. Csportable can be our next project. I love cs but csportable weapons sucks. Bots are idiot and codes won't work. When ge:r is done we can make that better using csportable engine. Who likes?
Back to top Go down
Ninjamonkey
Admin
Admin

Agent points : 5601

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:08 pm

I like the idea. I also, had the idea of modding team fortress quake into tf2 psp of pc and for other systems.

SHallows, you can use quake qc files to mod kurok. Ive have done it and that was how I was informed to do it. I'd say talk to TeamXlink on the solitude forums. He told me how to do it, and thats how I was going about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coding Progs.dat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding Progs.dat   Coding Progs.dat Empty

Back to top Go down

Coding Progs.dat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goldeneye Reloaded :: GE:R Announcements-
Jump to: